Monday, April 13, 2009

Conor's first cabin trip

This past weekend we decided it was time to show Conor what life on the Island is like. Whidbey Island to be exact. So we planned a nice long weekend so he could really get the hang of it. I think he did all right! There was some adjusting to temperature, the cabin is a bit cooler than his nice warm room at home, the walks are a little chillier since the air comes right off the ocean, but there are so many cool things to see and look at!



For some reason Conor didn't seem to like this mode of travel. Maybe the carseat isn't that bad after all...



Here is Tim and Conor (brown hoodie) on one of our daily walks on the beach. Despite our pessimistic attitude about it raining (note umbrella) it only spit on us. After we got back from this particular walk, the skies cleared and the sun came out. Sweet sauce!


A very tired guy...who is also a lil' Coug.


Bailey found a pretty short stick this time for our walk. Usually, they are at least 6 feet long. I still don't know how she goes 3 miles with a 6 foot long stick.



Since I have been "banned" from the likes of chocolate and dairy products by the little guy in the photo, I decided to take up eating ginger snaps on the island (apparently snickerdoodles are not popular fanfare at the local grocery mart). And no, I didn't eat the whole bag while I was up there.

Since it is a little chillier up at the cabin, the lil' guy had to learn about keeping himself warm (good prep for camping trips). We decided that a nice cozy fleece sleeper will help the process. Where's mine??

The return of "Gooferious"!!! And ferocious as ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my guy...I can give you some real ginger cookies this weekend....No birdies yet
Love Grandma K