In order to accomplish anything in the kitchen these days I have found that giving Conor his own cupboard keeps him pretty distracted for a few minutes at least! He has the end cupboard, which is the only one not latched (however, we went several weeks without having to childproof the other ones, he just learned that this cupboard was his). There are lots of great things in there - leftover containers and their lids, trivets, salad spinner, miscellaneous kitchen utensils, and travel mugs. I also like to stick odds and ends in there every once in a while to keep the curiosity going.

Conor checking out what the cupboard holds today.

Showing his cupboard to the camera.

Making sure that each item gets an equal amount of time on the floor.

The other day Conor crawled (with his toy of the day, a spoon) on his belly underneath the horizontal bars of a kitchen chair. He promptly sat up and played for a little bit in his little fort. He couldn't figure out how to get out of this contraption, but he did find some fun games to play with his spoon and a bouncy ball. In the above picture he is "tossing" his spoon over the horizontal bar.
Here he is retrieving the spoon and a bouncy ball.

And here he is showing some love to his spoon.
1 comment:
Excellent idea about making one cabinet his... I'll have to try that soon I think.
Mare
Post a Comment